Custom High Voltage Pulse Modulators
Stangenes Industries designs and produces high voltage pulse modulators available in custom and standard configurations for military, medical, and industrial applications. Our modulators drive pulse applications such as klystrons, magnetrons, and electron guns as well as many “specialty” systems. We offer solid state modulators pulsing at just a few kV to over 200kV, pulse widths ranging from 200ns to 5ms, repetition rates up to several kilohertz and average power ratings of up to 150kW.
We offer three different modulator configurations and combinations. Our most flexible systems use solid-state Marx design with or without a coupled pulse transformer. A standard PFN (pulse forming network) design is also available with high-current solid-state switches driving a pulse transformer matched to the load. All our Marx modulators feature dynamically adjustable repetition rates, pulse widths and pulse amplitudes. All designs are available as components or complete “turnkey” systems to meet your needs. For more information, please contact Stangenes Industries today!
Pulse Modulators Capabilities
- Industry Standards
International Organization for Standardization
- General Information
Stangenes Industries designs and produces pulse modulators in standardized or custom configurations for military, medical, and industrial applications driving klystrons, magnetrons, lasers, or accelerators. We offer solid state modulators ranging from a just a few kV to over 250kV pulses, pulse widths from 200ns to 5ms and average power ratings of up to 150kW.
- Configurations Offered
- Complete “turnkey” systems or an individual component for your system
- Solid state Marx designs with or without a pulse transformer
- Dynamically adjustable repetition rate, pulse width, and pulse amplitude
- Solid state fractional turn pulse transformer modulators
- “Line-type” modulator with a pulse transformer and solid-state switching
- “Hard Tube Configuration” with pulse transformer using solid-state switching